Good day to all!
I live for cardio! I love running, walking, biking, high intensity interval training or Tabata and Turbo Kick, but that doesn’t mean that these types of workouts are all my body needs. It’s crucial to find time for toning exercises as well. I think that’s why I love 3.2.1. so much, because I am able to do my favorite cardio exercises while I tone different muscle groups.
Not only is toning beneficial for creating long lean muscles, but according to Mayo Clinic, toning helps preserve muscle mass, it controls weight, it reduces the risk of osteoporosis and it decreases your chance of injury. So check out the Tabata workout and get your heart pumpin’. And then, follow the toning exercises for your arms, legs and abs. You need heavy weights, a mat, a timer and some water.
I hope you have fun! Let me know what your favorite form of Cardio is in the comment section below.
Tabata-perform each exercise for 20 seconds, then, rest for 10 seconds. Complete all exercise in the group, then, repeat.
- Lunge jumps
- Plie Hops & Punch Hi/Low
- High Knees
- Lunge back & shoot
- Jumping Jacks
- Power Burpee (Push Up on the floor)
- Fast feet
- Suicide Run (3 side steps & touch the floor)
- Squat with side kick
- Ham Curl
- Floor Jacks
Arms: To complete each exercise please grab a pair of heavy weights…keep your water close too. Complete each exercise for one minute, repeat for 20 seconds for the Power Burn.
- Bicep Curls
- Hammer Curls with wall squat
- Wide Curls
- Overhead Extension
- Kickbacks with both arms simultaneously
- Wall Push Up
- Military Press
- Bent arm lateral raise
- Front/Side Arm Raise
- Center Squats
- Plie Squats
- Sissy Squats
- Walking Lunges (complete exercise for 3 minutes/do not repeat for 20 seconds)
- Side leg lifts (alternate point toe/flex toe and do 1 minute on each side/do not repeat for 20 sec.)
- Inner Thigh lifts (alternate point toe/flex toe and do 1 minute on each side/do not repeat for 20 sec.)
- Punch Up x4 and Pump back x4
- Side Plank with hip dips (one minute on each side)
Pat yourself on the back! You’re done!