Good Day to All!
In preparation for my race tomorrow, I am taking it easy today. I am getting really excited about the Circle of Life 10K, but a little nervous. I have been preparing since December, so the race itself doesn’t bother me, but the early start is making me nervous. I am not a morning person, and my race starts at 7:30 a.m. My husband is driving me to the race tomorrow, and it’s about an hour drive to the location. I think I might have to be up and ready by 5 a.m. Yikes! Hopefully, that will give me enough time to drink plenty of coffee (and water) to get me through the race. The beauty is…my workout will be done by 8:30 or so. 🙂
Don’t worry, I am not letting you off the hook for today. Here is a 3.2.1. workout that is sure to get your heart pumpin’! Remember the drill, toning for three minutes, cardio for two minutes and one minute for your abs! Enjoy and have a fabulous weekend!
You will need heavy weights, light weights, a mat, ghetto gliders (2 paper plates), a timer, water and a big smile!
- Walking Lunges for the full three minutes
Cardio: Jump Squats/Tap side to side
Abs: in a plank position with the gliders under your toes, bring the right knee to the right elbow. The trick here is to bring the knee out wide, not directly under your chest like a mountain climber.
- Lunge and curl-with one glider under right toe and heavy weight in right hand, lunge back with 90 degree knees while doing a hammer curl. (30 sec. per side)
- Bicep curls-raise one knee off the ground to a 90 degree angle and curl for 30 seconds. Put right foot down and lift left leg off the ground with knee at 90 degrees, curl for 30 seconds
- Regular Bicep Curls
Cardio: Glute Repeater/Bootie Kicks
Abs: Side plank with hip dips (right side)
- Runner’s lunge with heavy weights in your hands. Palms face toward the back wall, behind the bootie. Pulse quickly. Do not let the weights come in front of your hips.
- Overhead extension
- Crab Crawl-my new favorite
Cardio: Sumo Squats/High Knees
Abs: Side plank with hip dips (left side)
- Crawl and Military Press-place your heavy weights on either side of the mat. Stand on the same end of your mat that you placed your weights. Walk down with your hands on the mat into a plank, do one push-up and crawl back. Pick up your weight and press them overhead. Squat down with weights and set them back on the floor, stand back up and repeat.
- Push-up Pyramid (4 guy, 4 girl, 3 guy, 3 girl etc)
- Chest Press with bridge
Cardio: Power Burpee/Jog in place
Abs: Chest Fly with leg lifts (lie on your back with legs perpendicular to the ground, as your legs go toward the ground, open your chest (holding light weights). Bring legs back up and arms up.
- Reverse Fly
- Standing Row (right)
- Standing Row (left)
Cardio: Ski/Crescent Knee
Abs: 90 Knee press out.
Do you prefer activities that require toning or cardio?