This soup is one of my favorite recipes. It’s healthy and super easy. I try to make this on Sunday afternoon, and then I have dinner for the next night. I never feel like cooking on a Monday after a long day at work.
This soup also freezes well, so take your leftovers and save them for mid-week especially if you have a busy week ahead of you.
This dish is super for feeding a group too. I have made this several times for gatherings of six, and it’s always a hit.
Healthy White Chicken Chili
- 1 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can Northern beans drained
- 1 whole diced fresh jalapeno
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde mild, medium or hot
- 1/2 lime use the juice from lime
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 avocado garnish
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese garnish
- whole cilantro leaves garnish
- Add olive oil,salsa verde and chicken broth to crock pot.
- Add chicken breasts to stock.
- Open can of Northern beans and rinse. Add to stock.
- Chop onion and jalapeno. I use rubber gloves when pulling seeds from jalapeno. Add to stock.
- Add herbs and spices. Save some whole leaves of cilantro for a garnish.
- Cook on low for 3 hours. After breasts are cooked through, pull them from the stock and pull the meat apart. Return to stock.
- Serve in ceramic bowls. Cut avocado into small chunks. Garnish with avocado, cilantro and cheese if desired.