Writing Projects for Six Local Publications
I write for local publications in the Rochester, Minnesota area. The variety keeps my mind engaged and satisfies my curiosity. I love the writing process, but more importantly, I love the editing process.
Writing consists of pecking away at the keys without an outline. Outlines restrict the writing process for me. A blank piece of paper is thrilling and I find it easier to write stream of conscious. Beginning with a strong headline and knowing where I want to end up guides the writing process for me.
There are several publications and editors all looking for a different voice. It’s challenging to write in a voice that suits the needs of the publication. Although I write by the seat of my pants, my writing is thoughtful, engaging, and educational. I will spend as long as I need to cut superfluous words and find an active voice.
Below are publications I have written for in the past several years. I am well-versed on a variety of topics from healthy living to women and their wine.
I began my freelance writing career for Rochester Women Magazine and soon picked up freelance writing jobs with other publications after attending several writer’s workshops and networking events. Here’s a list of publications:
Rochester Women is a regional home and healthy living magazine for Rochester, Minn., area women to help them grow personally and professionally and connect with each other and the community.
- September/October 2011- Remodelers Corner located on page 47
- May/June 2014 – Sitting on Top located on page 17
- July/August 2014 – Would You Walk a Mile in His Shoes? located on page 26
- Sept/Oct 2014 – Pairing Women with Wine located on page 56
- Nov/Dec 2014 – Uncorking Dessert located on page 36
- Jan/Feb 2015 – A Bit of Bubbly located on page 25
- Mar/April 2015 – Join the Club located on page 26
- May/June 2015 – Unleash Your Inner Picasso located on page 30
- July/August 2015 – Becoming a Whisky Woman located on page 34
- Sept/Oct 2015 – Making Your Own Wine located on page 24
- Nov/Dec 2015 – Shop Local Wineries for Unique Holiday Gifts located on page 28
- Jan/Feb 2016 – Winter Wine Activities located on page 28
- Mar/Apr 2016 – Women & Whiskey located on page 39
- May/June 2016 – Women, Wineries & Vineyards located on page 31
- July/August 2016 – Gettin’ Nutty for Inheritance of Hope located on page 45
- Sept/Oct 2016 – Women & Wine: Wine Cellars located on page 37
- Nov/Dec 2016 –
- Jan/Feb 2017 – Women & Wine: Villa Bellezza Winery & Vineyards located on page 47
- Mar/April 2017 – Women & Wine: From Grapes in France to Your Glass in Rochester located on page 34
- May/June 2017 – Hand-picked Bottles of Wine for You located on page 31
- July/August 2017 – Al Fresco Dining located on page 25
- May/June 2018 – Jeremiah Program located on page 20
- Sept/Oct 2018 – Italian Wine: Red, White and You located on page 27
Experience Rochester is a complete guide to dining, shopping, arts & culture, recreation and heritage.
- 2013 – Affordable Art: Learning, Connecting & Appreciating the Local Art Scene located on page 40
- 2014 – Oh My Gourd: The Farmers Market Year Round located on page 51
- 2015 – Spotlight on two Creative Minds from Rochester, Minnesota
- 2016 – Hike, Bike or Stroll Rochester’s Trails located on page 53
- 2017 – Feature Articles for Dwell Local & Posh Boutique located on page 35
- 2017 – All Fun and Games located on page 28
The mission of the Wagazine is to help animal owners better understand, care for, and live with their pets. It seeks to chronicle the love affairs we have with our furry family members, to educate owners on proper care and training, and to advocate for animal rescue groups.
- Fall 2013 – Captured on Canvas: Pet Portrait Artists Paint with Purpose is located on page 25
- Spring 2014 – Bringing Home Bunny is located on page 18
- Fall 2014 – Happy Hounds is located on page10
- Winter 2014 – Here Kitty, Kitty! is located on page 30
- Fall 2015 – Winona Area Humane Society is located on page 8
- Winter 2015 – Adaptable and Capable is located on page 25
- Summer 2016 – DIY Dog Wash is located on page 22
- Winter 2016/2017 – Cats in the Hood is located on page 22
- Spring 2017 – Mower County Humane Society is located on page 8
- Summer 2017 – Saving Sable is located on page 8
- Summer 2017 – Pet Sitters is located on page 14
About Radish Magazine
Radish is a southeastern Minnesota-based magazine that connects readers to everything the region has to offer to help them lead healthier lives.
Nov/Dec 2014 Issue – Reiki: The power of touch can ease the pain
- Jan/Feb 2015 Issue – Group Fitness
- Mar/April 2015 Issue – Quarry Hill Nature Center
- May/June 2015 Issue – Oxbow Park
- Sept/Oct 2015 Issue- Seeds: Nature’s Powerhouses
- Nov/Dec 2015 Issue – Treat Your Dog Right: Healthy Treats for Your Canine Companion
- Jan/Feb 2016 Issue – Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle
- Mar/Apr 2016 Issue – The Grass is Greener: A Taste of Wheatgrass
- May/Jun 2016 Issue- To Drink or Not to Drink (Protein Shakes)
- Healthy Living Fair 2016 Issue – Handcrafted Goat’s Milk Soap
- Jul/Aug 2016 Issue – Explore Minnesota
- Sept/Oct 2016 Issue – Healthy Happy Hour
- Nov/Dec 2016 Issue – Brewing Up Healthy Beverages
- Mar/Apr 2017 Issue – Creating Colorful Shade Gardens
- May/June 2017 Issue – Kinstretch: stretching and beyond
- Sept/Oct 2018 Issue – Cultivating Gratitude is a Work in Progress
- Nov/Dec 2018 Issue – The Art of the Handwritten Thank You Note
- Nov/Dec 2018 Issue – Mindful Eating? During the Holidays?
About Live Well
A senior living resource guide.
CONTACT ME: email@example.com